Whew… we have had a whirlwind of a last four and a half months! We are excited to begin the learning process for the 2020-2021 school year – both traditionally and virtually. This school year will provide some unique opportunities for the entire community, but the one thing I want to remind everyone is that our nest will stick together. We are in this together and we have to be a team to get through it.
Our faculty and staff have been working to plan for a clean and sanitary classroom, a top notch academic structure, and our nationally recognized extra-curricular activities! We are excited to have the Heron Nation back!
We do understand that there is a lot of apprehension in our society today and we will do our best to answer any and all questions that parents or students may have.
I do want to encourage students to wear a face mask when they cannot social distance (6 ft). This is not a mandatory ruling at BCHS, but it is a strong recommendation. This may ease the concerns of your fellow classmates and educators.
I also want to make sure that our students are respectful of all those around them, especially for those that decide to wear a mask or for those that decide not to wear a mask. We need to treat everyone with respect and have common decency to our classmates and faculty.
Also, please be cautious of others personal space, the secretions that may be spreading (body fluids – largely from mouth and nose). congregating in the hallways, and eating with the same group during lunch.
A few things for day one;
- Please go directly to first block (breakfast will be served in your classroom).
- Please self-check your temperature – if it does not meet the CDC or DPH guidelines for COVID then please stay home; we may check temperatures (as needed) https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-materials-and-resources
- If you have a mask and want to bring it, please do – we will have some available of those that don’t have one, but would like one
- Please be ready to sign into you google email (download app) and google classroom (download app as well)
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR POWERSCHOOL TO KNOW YOUR FIRST BLOCK
- We are excited to see you all!
- Our nest will stick together! Herons are tough!
Dr. Horner, Principal